Google Analytics

Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!!

I was sitting here wondering what I can say about this past year as it comes to a close in a little more that 12 hours! I am not a person to make a New Years Resolution, because I'm not a fan of broken promises, even when they are made to my self.  I would rather like to reflect on the past year as I'm saying goodbye to it and welcoming in the new!

In this past year, I have been able to find old friends and family I have missed terribly.  I have been able to see and maintain my current friendships as well as make some new friends.  This is a very happy thing for me.  I am a social butterfly!  I thrive best when surrounded by my friends and family.  I have had many opportunities to visit and see many of those and those who I cant, I have been able to visit in some form or another via Facebook.

Ah, Facebook.  Some see it as a bad thing, but I think its fantastic!  I can talk to people who I may otherwise wouldn't have been able to talk to, or even find for that matter.  I have made new friends who I haven't even met face to face, but hopefully will some day.  Most currently, I have been able to maintain contact with family that I didn't know where to find them without Facebook!

In this last year, I have also been able to narrow down some pretty important near-future goals which over this New Year, I will be posting about!  I am pretty excited for things to start rolling forward!

In this last year, I was able to go on my first Vacation in many years!  I got to go to Cayo Coco, Cuba with my sister-in-law Christine.  We had so much fun and we made many new friends!  We stayed at an awesome resort and came feeling great!

Although most of this last year was great we had some sad times too.  I said goodbye to my cousin Deborah on February 4th.  She had a lengthy battle with various illnesses before she succumbed to cancer at a young age.  I miss her alot.  She was a good friend to me.

2012 is going to bring about many changes for me.  I will be relocating at some point to the Kitchener area.  I have a great mixture of new, newish and old friends who live there!  Its a really nice city and the job prospects look way better than this tiny town!  I will keep you posted as to when things start moving!!  I cant wait!

Im going to end this by quoting the traditional New Years song written by Robert Burns:

Auld Lang Syne

Chorus. 
And for auld lang syne, my jo, 
For auld lang syne, 
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet, 
For auld lang syne, 
1.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And never brought to mind? 
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And days o' auld lang syne. 
2.
And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp! 
And surely I'll be mine! 
And we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet, 
For auld lang syne. 
3.
We twa hae run about the braes 
And pu'd the gowans fine; 
But we've wander'd mony a weary foot 
Sin auld lang syne. 
4.
We twa hae paidl'd i' the burn, 
Frae mornin' sun till dine; 
But seas between us braid hae roar'd 
Sin auld lang syne. 
5.
And there's a hand, my trusty fiere! 
And gie's a hand o' thine! 
And we'll tak a right guid willy waught, 
For auld lang syne. 


Take a minute to actually think about what these words mean.  You will find that his opening question in verse one is a rhetorical  question!  I did some research as to what the meaning of this song is.  You can find some information at the following links:  World Burns Club and The Wall Street Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!