Google Analytics

Monday 15 October 2012

My Weight Loss Journey..Hitting that first Plateau!

For the past week, I hit a plateau at 45 lbs lost, and in a panic I sent text messages to my a couple of my friends who have been through the Bariatric Surgery.  I was getting a wee bit frustrated because I couldn't understand why it was happening. I mean, I'm doing all the right things and following the diet plan the way I should, so it didn't make any sense. I was also having a pain in my right side that wouldn't go away.  It was very uncomfortable. I was about to make a call to my clinic in Toronto to find out why it was happening and to see if I needed to go to a doctor to get it checked out, but just like that, it went away. Thankfully!


So, I hit this plateau and I was starting to feel a bit discouraged, but I was told to hang in there because this is the phase that I will be seeing the inches coming off.  I decided put my panic and worry aside and just be patient and allow things to happen.  I even tried my best to break my new found obsessive relationship with my scale.  I stopped looking at the numbers on the scale and just kept on doing what I was supposed to be doing.  Today, I had a breakthrough on the scale. It is a small one, but after a week of plateau, it brought a huge smile to my face.

I have been watching for little changes and have been noticing some differences in my size.  I can no longer wear my rings on my smallest fingers, they are too big!  My bracelet from Energy Armor, (supposed to help with aches and pains, and it does) is now extremely big on my wrist.  I now have ankles and shin bones. I may even end up with a nice set of stems when I hit my goal weight!! My arms and shoulders are taking on a more narrower form. I think that the most exciting thing for me is my hands.  I have always been self-conscious of my hands. I even would make jokes about them being my "man-hands!"  I can no longer say that.  My fingers are looking longer and thinner and the pudge is melting away! It may not seem like a big deal to some, but for someone who has spent years of hating her hands, its a big thing!  

After I gave myself a little hug for the breakthrough, I decided to go through my dresser and try on some things. I very excitedly went through clothes and found that there are things that are just way to big for me now and also there were things that were given to me that I could never wear before, are fitting me. There are also some things that are still a bit too small, but I'm almost fitting into them.  So, once more this morning, I found myself wearing a gigantic smile!

Wednesday morning I have an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner at the Bariatric clinic.  I'm actually excited to go see her. My incisions are healing up nicely and I'm pain free.  I still have some tenderness but I believe that everything is on the right track.  

I know that some people are anticipating some new pictures of my progress, but I have decided that I am going to post them as soon as I hit that 50 lbs lost. Just hang in there!  I promise I will keep you all posted with my progress and as soon as I hit that 50 lb mark, I will post a photo.  

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me so far.  I can always use your kind words to help me reach my goal.

1 comment:

  1. I had a huge smile reading this!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see the pics :) Way to go Tina

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!