Google Analytics

Saturday, 17 December 2011

Tina's Travelling Tales Part 5!

So to continue on with my story, after I cleaned myself up, apologized and got on my way, still feeling funky.

I hopped back on the car and continued on my way, but even though I felt like dung, on a whim, I decided that I needed to stop and check out Vaughn Mills Mall.  I convinced myself that I needed to get out and walk around for a while and I could not possible just drive by some stores I
never get to go to without stopping.  I found a parking spot outside my
area of focus, which was Old Navy.  I made my way into the store and started to look through some incredible deals.  A wave of unease rippled through my stomach so I found the washroom.  It was while I was sitting there upon the throne at Old Navy, I thought to myself, "Why am I in a mall?  Im not fond of shopping when I am well, why am I bothering when I feel like this?"  I quickly answered myself, "Because I never get into this store."  Well ya, that make sense.  Acquiring  flu like symptoms = Time to go to Old Navy.  Not the greatest decision I've made, but I guess I was on a roll that day anyhow.  So after a minute or two of self deliberations, I finished up and left the store and the mall.

I got back on the 400 and drove on.  When I got as far as Orillia, I needed to have a break.  I needed to get some Pepto-Bismol and a drink, so I pull off the hi way and go into Walmart.  I find the Pepto and grab a cold Canada Dry ginger ale from the fridge at by the checkouts and proceed to pay.  I open my wallet, and to my dismay (yes, I used the word dismay!) I discovered my bank card was missing.  This cannot be happening.  I tear my wallet apart while the lady in the line behind me sighs (people can be so impatient) and fidgets with her purchases.  I turned to the cashier who was waiting patiently, and asked her if she could hold on to my items while I go sit on the bench and root through my purse.  So, I go over to the bench and start pulling everything out of my purse piece by piece.  Its not there. I go through my wallet again.  Not there.  I go outside to the car, look through the car.  Not tthere.  I open the trunk, root through my clothes from earlier. Not there.  I tear through my suicase, back pack and Christmas goodies from the party.  Not there.  I still cannot remember where I used it last and I am pretty close to tears. I have clearly lost my bank card.  Thank goodness I had enough sense to carry some cash on me.  With the help of Cheryl via text messaging and her internet access through her Blackberry, I was able to call my bank to report my card missing.  All in all, I was at Walmart for over an hour.  Back through the line I went to see the if the cashier still had my items.  She did, and with the relief that I didn't have to go searching for more stuff again, I paid.

I went back to the car, opened up the Pepto and without bothering to measure I drank it straight from the bottle.  It actually helped almost instantly but at this point I have now discovered I now have a new symptom of the flu.  My face is on fire along with the rest of me, except that I am freezing.  I crank my heat and with chattering I get back on the hi way and proceed north.  I stopped one more time for some gas just below Huntsville before arriving in Sundridge.  I was staying the night at Bill and Elisa Watson's house but they both weren't home.  A few of their kid were and they let me into the house.  I brought in my stuff I needed for the night and called my mom to let her know I had arrived.  I also called Christa to too how her girls were feeling and to let her know I was also not feeling well.  I had a quick bite to eat and by 8:45 pm, I was in bed. I took a couple of Advil and dropped off to sleep quickly.  When I woke up at 8:00am the next morning, I was feeling much, much better.

I have one more day to tell you about, but that will be Part 6!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!