Google Analytics

Monday 12 December 2011

Tina's Travelling Tales... Part 1

Last Wednesday I began my trip by getting a rental car in North Bay at Enterprise.  I had a beautiful Nissan Sentra that was barely broken in with its less than 30,000 km.  I love that car!!  It was comfortable and was amazing on gas! I also had the added safety of a free upgrade of winter tires!!  The guy that handled the rental was really cool, and totally resembled the actor Chris Farley! And, most importantly, it had an auxiliary jack to plug in my MP3 player!  

So, after a quick bit to eat at the best breakfast place in North Bay, Burger World, I went and had my hair done at  Modern College of Hairstyling & Esthetics, which only cost $7.91 taxes in!!   

Around 1:45pm, I was southbound!  Now the main purpose of my trip was to go down to a couple of doctor's appointments (nothing you should worry about), which were Thursday and Friday.  As fate would have it, that was the very same Friday that my friends Ruth and Cheryl were hosting a really cool party called a Five Favourite Things Party, but I will get to that in a moment.

My first stop over was Toronto, to spend some much needed time with my good friend Michelina, and to attend my doctor's appointments.  I arrived at Michelina's at roughly 6 pm and we decided we should go for some dinner.  We went to eat at Messini Authentic Gyros on the Danforth...YUMMY!  I cant remember what the name of the plate she ordered us was, but it included 2 gyros, I had the chicken and she had the lamb, Greek fries (totally ingenious feta on fries) and a Greek salad. 

Thursday I had one appointment.  I was totally appalled to discover that it cost me $18  to park for just over 2 hours at Toronto Western.  I had a mellower Thursday night and another appointment on Friday morning.  This time I was smart and parked across the road at the metered parking in the McDonalds Parking lot.  It only cost me $3.45 (all the change I had in my wallet) but that was way better than Thursday's price.  I was a bit early because I had anticipated traffic since my appointment was at 8 am, but it was rather light. So I went into McD's and got a coffee.  I have been into that McD's location before and encountered a crazy lady on my last trip there, but who would have thought that I would encounter another!!  

As I'm sitting there enjoying my coffee and reading a 24 newspaper, in walks this blonde hair, blue eyed, scruffy looking lady who was carrying a bunch of bags.  Since I'm a people watcher, I couldn't help but notice her when she came in the restaurant.  She looked at me, so naturally I looked back and smiled, but I think that was a mistake.  She then came and proceeded to talk to me in a totally fake First Nations accent (think about all the old cowboys and Indian movies and you will know what I'm talking about.) She went on about seeing people suffering at the hands of the government, people being tortured and stuff like that. To which I responded with the usual, "Oh, that's not good, Oh that's horrible," trying to do that without sounding like I was patronizing her, but I really just wanted her to go away and let me get to my coffee.  So in response to above reactions to her stories, she proceeds to slam her bags down on the ground and stick her finger in my face while telling me, "You have insulted me, now I should take you by your pretty blonde hair and scalp you like we did long ago." 
Needless to say, I was kind of freaked out, but at the same time I thought to myself, "No, I like this haircut, I just got it."  To my relief, she stomped off and found some other person to terrorize! I took that opportunity to scaddadle on out of there and go over to my appointment across the street.  

I have more to say about my weekend, but I'm actually not feeling that well so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post the rest.  Please come back for Part 2!  You wont be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!