Google Analytics

Sunday 3 June 2012

Grrr..Im tired of Lousy Service

Im convinced that the internet department of Northern Tel is run by a bunch of idiots.  I have never seen such lousy internet in my life.  Do they think that people don't notice the lousy service?  People around here say they have the same problems as we do, but Im starting to think that Im the only person who calls to complain. Im tired of talking to technicians who read me the same series of questions.

1. Is the modem connected directly to a phone line without a filter?
2. Are you using the original phone cord provided in the box?
3. Are all the phones in your household connected with a filter?
4. Do you have a wireless router connected to the modem?

YES, YES, YES, YES....geesh.  We are using the "New" modem that they provided. We are using the original phone cord they provided.  We have filters on every phone in the house. I purchased the 3 year extended warranty when I bought my router at The Source. Last month while we were having our probably 1 millionth problem with the internet, I went to The Source and exchanged my router for a brand new one.  SO....YES...I have a wireless router connected to the modem, however...once again, it is not the router. If they want to prove its not the router why don't they just send me a modem with WiFi??

If they truly have kept a record of all the times I, and other people who live in this household have called them, then they should understand why tomorrow, when I call customer service, I will be demanding they give us a discount for the next few months to compensate for the lousy service of the past.  I also have a voice mail from a technician (from the last time they opened a repair ticket) who kindly explained how the problem was at their end and how they changed a network card in their servers..blah blah blah.

Oh ya, one more thing...not everyone in Northern Ontario speaks french.  Get some technicians who speak fluent English.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!