Google Analytics

Thursday 1 March 2012

Ever hear of the Book Divergent by Veronica Roth?





You may have noticed the Insurgent countdown widget on the right hand side of my blog.  That is me showing my excitement for the upcoming addition to the Divergent Trilogy that is currently being written. Book one, Divergent was released in May of 2011.  It is a new and exciting book series by the brand new author, Veronica Roth.  


After I was finished with the Twilight series and the Harry Potter Series, I found myself looking for a replacement. I stumbled upon a recommendation for Divergent on a website dedicated to people who love to read.  


This novel is about Beatrice, a sixteen year old girl, is reaching adulthood. In this dystopian society, each teenager takes an aptitude test that will tell them which faction they are the most like. Factions are what separates the societies. You are expected to choose the faction you grew up in but, if you don't, you turn away from your family forever. The five factions are; Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). Beatrice never felt like she belonged to the faction she grew up in so she is faced with making the decision that could change her life forever. Secrets she discovers about herself along the way may lead to her being factionless or even dead!

Beatrice is a character I have come to love because of her inner strength and the self awareness that she has developed by the time you get to the end of the book. This is a page turning, exciting book that has left me waiting in suspense for the next installment!
So the countdown is on! On May 1, 2012, in just 60 days, the second book of the series, Insurgent is being released!    

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!