Google Analytics

Friday 13 January 2012

Don't Let the Techies at Apple Fool You!

My son got a virus on his laptop a few months ago.  It was a pretty big one. The only way we could get rid of it was to wipe out the hard drive.  I managed to save a bunch of his files for him BUT neither of us thought about saving his ITunes account.  So, after I successfully cleaned up his laptop and loaded all the drivers and programs to make it run again, we realized that if he were to Sync his IPod  it would completely wipe out all the stuff he had on his IPod and replace it only with the things on the newly installed ITunes.  I phoned Apple to see if there was a way to reverse sync all the content of his IPod but there wasn't.  You can do a reverse sync, but it only does it with things you have purchased through ITunes or the App store.  How stupid is that.  They are not the only source to get stuff to fill up the IPod with.  This guy left me with little hope of saving the 860ish songs on his IPOD.  His explanation was that it was programmed that way so they can prevent file sharing from happening.  That is all fine and dandy, but they also screw you out of your legit purchases from sources other than ITunes.

Determined to find a solution, I turned to Google.  I came across a Freeware that sounded like it would work and to our pleasure, it works.  Its called Sharepod.  It worked very quickly.  He was able to save everything on his IPod to his computer and put it back into his ITunes account so when he Syncs it again, it will keep all the stuff he has!

So if you are ever in a similar situation, I highly recommend Sharepod!  It seriously works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!